Founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 1877, Longwood Cricket Club is one of the premier tennis facilities in the world, with a long tradition of hosting national and international tennis events. The facility includes 25 grass tennis courts, 19 clay tennis courts and numerous gardens and landscaped areas.
Responsibilities and qualifications:
- A minimum of seven years of experience in turf management
- Bachelor’s degree in turf management or equivalent horticultural degree.
- Highly member service orientated. Daily contact with management, tennis professionals, members, and board of governors.
- Demonstrated ability to inform and educate the membership on the art and science of turf management.
- Excellent communication skills. Written, verbal, social media, presentations.
- Directing, teaching, hiring, motivating, scheduling, and providing for employee satisfaction.
- Maintain tennis courts, landscape, and property infrastructure.
- Grounds budget – assist in setting and following annual and capital budgets.
- Management of low-cut turf – Poa annua, perennial ryegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, bentgrass. Grass tennis court experience preferred.
- Management of clay tennis courts. Tennis court annual renovations and daily maintenance. An understanding of the different types of clay tennis court construction. Clay tennis court experience preferred.
- Horticulture – Design, purchase, plant and maintain property gardens.
- Arbor culture – Maintain diverse tree collection. Choosing trees for replacement and additions to collection.
- Maintain drainage, electrical, public water and well/irrigation systems.
- Professional development. Involvement and support of local and national turf management associations. Attend professional development seminars, conferences. Participation in the grass and clay tennis court grounds managers national group.
- Massachusetts pesticide license or obtain.
- Maintain, purchase landscape/grounds equipment
To apply for this job email your details to Fred Groen